Cocoonababy - Sunday
COCOONABABY, THE BABY'S NEST FOR A BETTER START IN LIFE
Good night's sleep is now possible thanks to this ergonomic nest for babies designed by French Obstetricians and used at home and by health experts around the world. The Cocoonababy is a unique baby mattress designed for newborns' day time and night time optimal sleep.
The Cocoonababy® was created in 1995 by Daniele Salducci, a paediatric physiotherapist at the Early Medico-Social Action Centre in Marseille, France.
By observing the needs of the babies she was treating, Daniele Salducci, started to design and make mattresses which would enable newborns to make movements similar to those made inside their mother’s womb.
The initial stage was to medically research and to determine a posture for the premature baby which could be described as a ‘follow-up womb'. The parameters were based on the vital functions (heart, oxygenation, and respiration), the sleep patterns and the level of the influence of stress on various pathologies. The second stage was the postural research. The ‘follow-up womb’ posture is determined by the support given, the way the baby is held tightly or ‘contained’ and the curled up posture of the child’s body.”
Daniele Salducci and the team soon realised that the benefits reaped by the premature babies would also apply to full-term babies. After several more years of research and a partnership with RED CASTLE®, these nests are now available internationally for use at home.
Your baby’s safety is always our number one priority. However, as with any product, it needs to be used safely. We advise all parents to read this page of safety advice and to watch the video at the top of this page prior to using your new Cocoonababy® Nest…
Abide by these safety standards when using the Cocoonababy® Nest at home:
- Cocoonababy® size 3 is available for home use,
- Suited for babies weighing 2.8kg and above,
- Can be used up until your child starts attempting to roll or change position in the nest (about 4 months of age),
- Cease using at approximately 4 months of age,
- Can be used in a cot or cradle with sides at least 39cms in height (at least 20cm higher than the nest),
- If used outside of a cot or cradle, it must be placed on the floor and never on a raised surface,
- Always place your baby on its back in the Cocoonababy®,
Dimensions: L: 69cm x W: 40cm x H: 19cm